Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:53
cudase will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDFREAK View Post
Sorry i know it sounds bad, but i bought a 09 ram rt and traded it in on a 2010 ram rt. The 09 was built up north and the 2010 was built in mexico. World of a diff between the two. The 09 built up north in the us was junk, rear gear needed to be replased in 2000 miles, the dash and center made all kinds of noises, the driver door rattles the 2010 ram rt in mex no problems. I was shocked. Iam all about giving work to my brothers, but if this is what your going to give me for my hard earned money, sorry bring it mexico.
The line in Mexico is more highly automated so you get a better product at the end of the day. It roughly costs an American manufacturer $5000 per person to run a line in mexico compared to $50000 per person in the US. When you have a hundred person assembly process, it is very easy to justify additional sensors, camera, pokeyokes, etc, when the equipment ends up in Mexico because of the cheaper labor rate. I see it all the time. We will put a $10,000 dollar vision system on an assembly process that goes to mexico, because they cannot do anything right, and then that same customer will order a duplicate machine to be used in a Michigan plant and request that the vision system is left off and part quality will be left up to the operator.

Also, the plants in Mexico take quality very seriously. I was very surprised by this on my first trip down there.