Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue/Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:55
Pride0aries will become famous soon enough
Default Newbie in CT

I am 46, married with 2 kids, and have a 2003 Ram 1500 Quad cab, Patriot Blue/Silver two-tone. Live in rural area of NW CT up in the hills, use my truck for moving the firewood, carrying stones I dig up for my stone walls, and getting myself to and from work on days like today when it's snowing 1-2" an hour. Bone stock except for the K&N drop-in filter and the Alpine stereo I installed.

All possible due to my truck and a lot of manual labor:

Besides my wife's Caravan, other cars include highly modified 1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R I use for Autocross, my main DD, a 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe putting down ~260 whp from its measly 3.5 liter V-6, and another old standard, my original owner 1995 Nissan Altima Sedan, usually my snow beater and sometime DD.

I tend to hold onto my vehicles for the long haul, take good care of them personally, and they treat me well in return. The two older Nissans are 18 and 14 years old with a combined 270,000 miles on them.

Pretty happy with my truck, but if my other cars are any indication, I'm sure I'll be figuring out some modifications like headers and duals, when the OEM system starts to rust out.

Having driven trucks dating back to early 1970's, it never ceases to amaze me how much power the Ram gets out of 350 cu in. My 1972 Chevy Cheyenne full size 4x4 3/4 ton only had 220 chp to move its bulk around!

My main challenge for the next year(s) is my son is about to turn 16 years old, time to see how much of the driving gene he has. I grew up in Oregon on farms so I had about a 4-year head start on him at that age, but I think he will do fine.