View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 01:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST 2X4
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:236
GPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura aboutGPSHSLAX has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808 KUMA View Post
Rain-X is made for Plexaglass is why it works so well on windscreens and helmets shields. I used it all the time on my G-wing and helmet way back when. Unless they changed the formula (yeah-right) what they sell for glass just screws it up and causes water spotting, and dirt to stick.

This is absolutely not true anymore. While I love rainX on glass, it has a warning right on the bottle not to use it on plastic. A friend of mine used to be a parts manager for a harley dealership and was telling me horror stories about guys that put it on their wind screens or shields on their helmets ... and then got to guy new ones due to all the etching.

Mods: Thule Xsporter 422XT bed rack, Underrail Rhinolining, MOPAR class IV Hitch, DIY CAI, Aero Turbine 3030.
Future Mods/Wishlist: Tuner, Daystar Comfort Ride 1.5" Leveling kit, Nerf Bars, Police style push bumper with light guards, KC or Thule trail lights, HID projector lights.