Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star SLT
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
Fuel100 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad12kx View Post
Give it some time to 'learn' how to run. It's brand new, and just like a new baby, it needs some learning time before it can walk and talk. You will find that during the first 3000 miles, it will change a lot. The next 3000, not so much, but it will change.

When I first got mine, it seldom when into MDS mode, and when it did, I knew it! Now, it spends more time in MDS then not, and the driving conditions are far more demanding than when I got it. I noticed a rather radical change in operation around the 3000 mile mark. More power, better mileage, smoother running....all positives.

Try your best to remember in detail how it performs/operates right now, and remind yourself of that in another 2500 miles......then let us know what your thoughts/experiences are.
Thanks Brad. I figured it was due to break-in issues. Both of my Chargers I bought brand new but couldn't remember if the MDS came on much when I first bought them.

I'm almost at 500 miles and I still haven't seen the "Fuel Saver" light come on. I'm taking a trip in it next weekend, hopefully I can see it then. It's becoming an obsessive hunt for me, like looking for Nessie, or Bigfoot or the legendary Chupacabra. It's getting warmer around here, so I left out the Yeti.