View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 11:09 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDodge View Post
Sorry about your troubles, but the truck has been repainted....this is not an issue for Dodge. It's not Dodges fault. This should have been covered with the dealer you bought it from and unless some sort of agreement was made in writing about the repaint when you bought the truck...your out of luck...

And you are aware that the truck was painted, was the dealer forth coming about that or did you find out after your purchase? I would think that would be your only place of recourse..with the selling dealer if you weren't told upfront.

But I do agree with you...the dealer should have given and asked for more information over the phone.
It was painted, by Dodge techs, in a dealership facility. It is chrysler's problem. Explain to me how it is not the fault of the tech (and therefore Dodge) who repainted it? It was also done before it was ever purchased. It had 19 miles on it by Chrysler's own admission when it was completely repainted. So how is this not chrysler's responsibility? I am confused? Cause I have all the paperwork that says it was done by a dealership, I bought the truck (used) knowing it had been repainted and why, but the paint wasnt coming off when I bought it. Now it is, and I want it fixed...so explain to me again how its my fault? I would think it would be covered just like any other warrantied item. But you are saying because the truck was repainted WHEN NEW that the paint warranty is null and void?

Doesnt seem right. The only reason I am not pursuing it is because I can fix it myself, and not be out the time, and because I am out of warranty. But the paint should not be falling off of a 2 year old truck. I am sorry but nothing anyone can say can convince me of that, regardless of mileage.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 03-08-2011 at 11:11 PM.