Old 03-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Granite
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
RedDodge is on a distinguished road

I'm not saying it's your fault. What I am saying is that it's not the manufactures fault either. It's the dealer that the original owner bought it from but only if it wasn't disclosed. These hail damaged/repainted vehicles are not covered by the factory paint warranty. They are fixed by the dealership at typically an outside body shop (most dealers don't have their own body shop), and then sold at discount because of this. And in turn, you should have gotten a better deal on the truck because of the same fact. Who would buy a repainted truck for the same money as an original paint truck?

I agree that the the paint should not be coming off. It's poor workmanship on the part of the Auto Body Shop that repainted it. The reason it's coming off is because the original paint wasn't prep'd properly and now the new clear is not bonding properly (that's why it chips so easy).

So if you were to bring this truck back to your SELLING dealer, he maybe responsible if it was his shop that painted it but more than likely he would send you to the body shop that did the respray.

Mods: Tinted front windows, UnderCover tonneau bed cover, step rails, bed mat, cabin air filter, 4 corner mud flaps, slush mats, drop in K&N filter.