Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:22
StevePG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to StevePG

From what I have read on these forums the rear ends are not a direct swap. The 3.92 has a larger rear pumpkin requiring a complete change of rear axel. I was also under the impression that the Outdoorsman package came standard with the 3.92, I know mine did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badindianswamp View Post
Hi. My first post...

I just replaced my 2009 Ram with the 2011 Outdoorsman 4x2 in Hunter Green (the coolest paint ever!!).
I was going to remove the decal, but after a week it is kind of growing on me.
My truck has the 3.55 rear end. I would think that the LSD and 3.91 would be standard on an Outdoorsey truck.

I wonder if my lifetime warranty would be affected I swapped out the rear end for the 3.91. ???
Check your build sheet. The Outdoorsman comes with rubber floor mats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrroader14 View Post
I have a 2011 outdoorsman deep water blue, I have been thinkin about taking the decal off aswell but like ya said it kinda grows on ya. I love the truck, does the back floor seem shorter or is it just me? My catch-all rear floor mat is 3 inches bigger (front to back) and wont fit. Came outta my 2006.
So far, I am very happy with my new Outdoorsman. I picked it up in Atlanta on Monday, drove to Savannah for a conference and then drove down to New Smyrna Beach yesterday. This truck was the only Outdoorsman the dealer had (Palmer Dodge in Roswell, GA) so I really had no choice on color. Mine is the Black/grey combo with the tan interior.
I when I ordered the build sheet I found that there were some little options included that weren't listed on the internet window sticker. Things like the towing package and remote start only made the deal sweeter.

Last edited by StevePG; 03-10-2011 at 06:02 AM.