Old 03-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Old & glad of it.

Vehicle: 2006 RAM 3500; 2010 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black 2 tone grey
Rep:48
rsg1963 is on a distinguished road
Default Never posted any kills before.

Well, I'm not sure how this is supposed to work but I do have a win that happened last week. Three lanes both directions with wide median. It's about 3 miles long with about 8 stop lights breaking things up and a long distance between most lights (minimum is about 1/8 mile). I am lined up at the front of one light with a Grand Cherokee V8, and a Chrysler minivan. (Yes, I realize nobody can win against a minivan no matter the results)
The two were playing race-to-the-next-light before I showed up next to them. I could not resist and did a 3/4 power run for the next set. One guy noticed and laughed (Jeep Guy), the other guy was too into his racing a Jeep to look to his right and even see what I was doing. The next light, I rolled into the intersection to avoid wheel hop (stupid dually) and then hammered it. Anyone that has a Cummins knows about the 'extra kick' you get when you really ask for it. By the time I was through the intersection I was caught up, about 100 feet later I was passing them, (minivan dude finally noticed now, mostly because he was beating the Jeep and was all excited looking forward) and I continued to pull away the entire time until the next light, where I PacBrake'd and idled to a calm right turn like most diesels do. Right and proper. It was very satisfying knowing this dually should never be doing anything like this and does not look like it even could. Hard to explain that feeling. Well, maybe not on this thread. ;-)

RAM Pickup: 2010 1500 Laramie Hemi: Magtec Rear Diff cover/AmsOil 75w-110 Syn, 24" Magnaflow, Resonator delete, Line-X; Bilstein shocks with leveling kit 2.75";305/60-20 GY Wrangler Silent Armor Pro Grades; Lift Air Bag Suspension;
RAM Truck: 2006 3500 ST Cummins:Line-X; Leveling Kit 2" with Edelbrock shocks; Ultra Custom rims w/ 265/70-17 Goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade; Backup Camera/NAV/DVD video/Reese 24K 5th wheel hitch; RDS 51 Gal tank/toolbox; Banks:CAI, MonsterRam 3.5",Monster Exhaust;Pac Brake Prxb.
Sponsored links