Old & glad of it.

Vehicle: 2006 RAM 3500; 2010 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black 2 tone grey
Rep:48
rsg1963 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintertech View Post
well the good news for you is that trans concerns are almost non-existent for a couple years now and just for the record.......that allison in the chevy's is no match for the Aisin trans in the cab and chassis trucks......
Good to know about the newer trannies sprintertech. If the Cab and Chassis trannies are better than the Alison, then why are they not making them avail on all HD Diesel models? That does not seem like smart marketing. (Maybe a mileage/emissions thing?) The Alison is avail on ANY Diesel Chevy offers. Grumble...

Side thought: I am surprised Aisin makes a good HD auto or manual tranny at all. They made junk ones for Jeeps for years, and that's all I've ever associated them with. I suppose I have to give them another shot (if they ever make it into regular Diesels Rams)

RAM Pickup: 2010 1500 Laramie Hemi: Magtec Rear Diff cover/AmsOil 75w-110 Syn, 24" Magnaflow, Resonator delete, Line-X; Bilstein shocks with leveling kit 2.75";305/60-20 GY Wrangler Silent Armor Pro Grades; Lift Air Bag Suspension;
RAM Truck: 2006 3500 ST Cummins:Line-X; Leveling Kit 2" with Edelbrock shocks; Ultra Custom rims w/ 265/70-17 Goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade; Backup Camera/NAV/DVD video/Reese 24K 5th wheel hitch; RDS 51 Gal tank/toolbox; Banks:CAI, MonsterRam 3.5",Monster Exhaust;Pac Brake Prxb.