View Single Post
Old 03-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1969 Dodge Charger
Rep:13
bill440rt is on a distinguished road

Yeah OK, OK.
By "extra power", I should have typed "extra towing/pulling capacity" of the 2500.

I'm looking either truck to be Hemi powered, for the infrequency I tow I can't justify spending the extra $$$ on a Cummings when the gas engine will do what I need it to.

I'm not sure 100% what my tongue weight is, but I had a friend also tow my trailer who was used to towing his open car trailer. Compared to his, he said mine felt very balanced & did not sag his truck down at all. He towed it with an '06 1500 Hemi with 3:92's, his towing capacity was about 8900lbs, similar to my old '98 2500. It was a 3-hour trip, and although it did the job I felt it struggle once in a while. But the new ones have over 10,000lbs capacity.

I've also changed my mind somewhat, as after sitting in the rear seat I'm now considering a crew cab vs the quad cab if I buy a 1500. Not much room in the back of a quad cab, & my kids are getting bigger so I could really use the extra cab vs the extra bed at this point.

Looks like there's about a 50/50 split, similar to what I've been hearing/reading.
Keep 'em coming, I'd like to hear more!
Thanks!!