Thread: oil change
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 01:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: SLT LARAMIE
Color: Intense Blue Pearl
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:11
ph3nom3non03 is on a distinguished road

with every oil change i do, i use mobil 1 full synthetic 10w30 and add a bottle or lucas additive to make sure its sticky but the thing you have to watch out for when doing the oil changes is the conditioners and other additives they add in the oil like for instance i work for a shop and we use kendall oil and with every viscosity you want from 0-20 to a high mileage the only problem is, i know it may sound wierd but it is true when for long period of time using one brand then switching to another can cause problems ive seen a ram that used only thatq horse power for a long time and then had us for the last 3 oil changes use a regular 5w20 which is what allot of rams take then started causing a blow-by because the valve guides were taking a crap but just be careful in what you use try if you can yourself taking like a drill bit against metal and use a few different oils you can see the difference in the lubricant but good luck and its not dumb asking those questions, oh and i prefer fram filters the only difference from it to a k&n is you tightn the k&n with a wrench and your paying more and i go 6k miles to every oil change and have gone roughly little over 7k miles but post by the way

Last edited by ph3nom3non03; 12-30-2008 at 01:36 AM.