View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 09:58 AM
artyman artyman is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Age: 43
Posts: 8
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
artyman is on a distinguished road
Default Everyone take a deep breath


All of your answers can be found in AR 608-99, period. Having been a commander and unfortunately having dealt with these situations, this reg is your friend. Lots of mis-information out there, but generally, the Army doesn't want to get involved in civil matters, ie. divorces. The rule is the Solider must provide support or their share of support equivalent to the amount of her BAH. If this Soldier has children from a previous relationship, and he pays support, she wouldn't get full BAH, etc. However, there are exceptions. Including no support if she is living in gov't quarters, or a valid court order detailing what support must be paid, or a valid agreement between both parties, etc. Regardless, this Soldier's commander will only be able to do so much. I cannot dispense additional advice, but would point anyone to the reg.


Reply With Quote