Old 03-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie crew cab
Color: Grey
Rep:41
uktitus is on a distinguished road
Default The third truck break in Seattle

We live back of the road with a drive then a gate to our house and garden.
The dog this morning gets me up just before 7[ he is a 12 yr old Doberman deaf and a few health issues which can keep us up through night, last night slept through] Let him out and I am looking through our bedroom which is on the ground floor and the truck is parked 12, 15 ft away and I see the drivers door is open so I go out look inside and someone has gone through all our personal stuff but nothing is stolen accept the truck title.

The other two truck break in's I lost a lot of tools and personal stuff so this time we were lucky, no damage either. Because the truck was on our property not on the road I rarely lock the truck so no broken windows to deal with.

A question for you knowledgable guys is it possible to alarm the truck without locking it or have a dual system or two systems one with the door locked and one not.

A funny sidebar quite awhile back while we slept and I can't remember how but we set the alarm off, you know that dozy state in half sleep I could hear an alarm but I did't realize it was our truck going the wife kept trying to tell me it was ours. "no not ours in my sleepy state" all right I'll check yes it was. I remember now the wife tried washing it in the machine thats what set if off, but the fob survived and still works to this day after a little dying.
Sponsored links