Originally Posted by scots2413
Does anyone have instructions on removing the chrome door handles to replace them with color matched ones? A DIY layout would be great. Thanks in advance.
1. Using trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, release the door switch/bezel (1) from the door trim and disconnect the electrical connectors (2), if equipped
2. If equipped, remove the manual window crank (1) using a window crank removal tool (2)
3. Using trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, remove the mirror flag (4).
4. Remove the screw (2) and remove the interior handle bezel (3).
5. Release the plastic push pins (1).
6. Raise the trim panel (6) upward far enough to disengage the hooks on the back of the panel from the inner door and the door lock knob from the top of the panel.
7. Remove the service access plug (2) and disconnect the exterior handle linkages (1) from the latch.
8. Remove the bolts (1) and remove the exterior handle (2) from the door
9. Release the clips (1) and disconnect the linkages (2 and 3) from the handle