View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:365
Pull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nicePull Ya is just really nice
Default LE Support---or not?????

I recently was reading a thread from a poster on this site complaining about a ticket he had received. As I read through the 6 pages of comments, I read the most common complaints people have with LE officers and the criticism we hear from time to time from people we have contact with. What really suprised me was the number of members on this site that seem to chime in and berate LE officers in general and of course relate their stories about so and so did this to me, and I got a ticket for, and I didn't like the way someone talked to me--etc etc. Things seem to have really changed since I first started my career some 46 years ago when most of us were taught to show some sort of respect to our LE officers. I realize, as many of you do, that we have a small number of "bad apples" in this profession but it just seems as though the poison they have spread seems to have affected many many people, including many members of this forum. Either there are a lot more "bad apples" now then ever before, or we aren't doing a very good job of getting the message out that we really are here to help our citizens and make them safer(in spite of themselves sometimes) and that we do in fact deserve their respect.
What do you think fellow LE professionals?
Jay

Last edited by Pull Ya; 03-28-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Sponsored links