Old 03-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Color: Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Giddyup is on a distinguished road
Default Need Help with starting problem after truck is warmed up

Have a problem with my dodge ram starting after vehicle has warmed up. After I drive the truck for say 1 hour or so and go back to the house and park it for 30 to 45 min truck wont start unless i give it gas. Truck will hit and immedialy die unless I hit the gas. Just bought the truck 5 months ago and have spent 1200$ in repairs trying to trouble shoot. At one time the intake control sensor and the coolant temperature sensor came on. They both were replaced and still doing the same problem. If i park the truck for 24 hours and then start it, it will start fine. Only does it when its been ran and warmed up and shut off for 30 to 45 min. Its a 2005 Dodge ram 1500 with a 5.7L hemi with 116,000 miles. Repairs after i bought the truck include New Champion Iridium spark plugs, MSD spark plug wires, replaced all coil packs to MSD blaster's, throttle body cleaned back to new condition, coolant temp sensor, and intake air sensor. Anyone else have any ideas on what else it could be. Im thinking maybe the injectors are flooding thats why it wont start unless the gas is pressed or a fuel rail / pressure problem.
Sponsored links