Old 03-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
BigThirsty is on a distinguished road

Respect goes a long way. I can only think of one time a cop was actually trying to provoke me into something and because my Mother tought me to respect authority - although painfully at times with a belt across my backside - he did not win and I went home. There is no room for pride, only yes sir and no sir regardless of the situation and the attitude you might perceive yourself receiving from the officer. Almost every time I get out of tickets by simply being nice. When I don't, I do the deferred adjudication for 90 days and it disappears.
Amazing.
99% of the time when a cop pulls me over, I deserve it because I was breaking the law. Period.
The last time I was puled over, about 4 years ago for doing 65 in a 55, the officer who was quite younger than me actually thanked me for my courtesy toward him during a traffic stop. BTW, He said have a good day and sent me along my way with my money still in my wallet.

Coming from a small town and knowing everyone, when you got pulled over by the cops you just got out and walked back to greet them.
My first time to get pulled over by a city cop was quite different. I'm 6'1" about 265 and my buddy was 6'5" about 280, we're both dressed in black dusters (winter time) and have very long hair. We were in Irving, TX at 2am looking for a late night pizza place when he wasn't paying attention and blew a red light with 2 cops sitting at the intersection. He just pulled over and waited on them. They pulled up behind us at which time we both got out of the truck, him on the driver's side me on the passenger. The officer immediately drew down on us yelling "get back in the car" at which time we immediately showed him our hands, said "yes sir" and go back in the car. After everything was checked out and cleared, we all stood around laughing about it with the officer giving us a life lesson about how to big old country boys should act with city cops.

Last edited by BigThirsty; 03-29-2011 at 04:15 PM.