View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 03:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

my best experience with officers was when i had recently put dual 2 chamber Flow Master exhaust on my 1956 Chevy 1/2 ton w/ a 350 cu in engine, w/ a Schneider Street & Strip cam.
One of the officers in my town pulled me over & gave me a quite complete vehicle inspection, all the lights worked, good rubber, windshield good, mirrors good, etc
He then had me start it up, & promptly wrote a loud exhaust ticket, here it is called a FIX IT ticket, after you get the problem fixed, you go find an officer & they sign it off, if its fixed.
I took it the next day to the Police Station, parked away from the building walls, went inside, asked the Desk Officer to sign it off, she came outside & had me start it up, i let it idle, then she asked me to give a bit of throttle, i did, she talked into her radio microphone, more officers came outside,
I'm thinking that something was going on, she had me then give it about 1/2 throttle & then release, i thought that they were going to take my truck.
They told me to shut it off & we went inside & my ticket was signed off, i was told that it sounded good & then as i walked out the door, i heard someone say that a ticket should not have been issued.
i walked out smiling

Now in my town, every Wednesday in the warmer months, they basically close Main Street to have the Classic Car Show, some vehicles show up with no muffler at all

BlueJet will enjoy this, so will you other car nuts

Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle