View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 01:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 3500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Maximum Steel
Engine: 2013-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 370hp 800lb/ft (6-Speed Automatic)
Rep:52
sdram03 will become famous soon enough

my timing cover gasket was blown out too, but mine was obvious. just look at driver's side of timing cover and there it was. i have had my truck "down" since Dec. i just finally got the fan off the waterpump last weekend (and proud of myself ta boot since i had to make my own tools to do it). i've got everything else pretty much put back together. this weekend, the water pump goes on and all the other stuff. i went on the cheap tho. only a gasket set and bypass hose. timing chain was in spec, all other hoses look and feel good, buuuuuuuuuut, i may be doing the e-fan mod since my fan clutch leaked all over the bench. soooo, that'll cost me a bit. i'm planning to do a DIY intake since i have so much stuff ripped off.... not that i needed to, to fix the leak.... just curiousity to see how serviceable the parts are. i need to take some pics before i finish putting it all back together. i might just rip the grill off too and paint that. gives me another reason to have the truck down and work can't bug me about certain issues....long story...
wish i had a hood w/ scoop, too. then i'd have it all gtg in the color dept.

glad to see you got it all back together and running good.