View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:12
dewzram is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdram03 View Post
my timing cover gasket was blown out too, but mine was obvious. just look at driver's side of timing cover and there it was. i have had my truck "down" since Dec. i just finally got the fan off the waterpump last weekend (and proud of myself ta boot since i had to make my own tools to do it). i've got everything else pretty much put back together. this weekend, the water pump goes on and all the other stuff. i went on the cheap tho. only a gasket set and bypass hose. timing chain was in spec, all other hoses look and feel good, buuuuuuuuuut, i may be doing the e-fan mod since my fan clutch leaked all over the bench. soooo, that'll cost me a bit. i'm planning to do a DIY intake since i have so much stuff ripped off.... not that i needed to, to fix the leak.... just curiousity to see how serviceable the parts are. i need to take some pics before i finish putting it all back together. i might just rip the grill off too and paint that. gives me another reason to have the truck down and work can't bug me about certain issues....long story...
wish i had a hood w/ scoop, too. then i'd have it all gtg in the color dept.

glad to see you got it all back together and running good.
Wow, sounds like you have had an extended repair, and having to do it the hard way at that. But sounds like you are about finished with the job. Def take some pics if you have time while it's all torn down. Guys like to compare and know what it looks like. I wish I had of but it's so dang hard to take picture breaks when your hands are filthy. I actually thought about doing the Plenum as well, but I have only just a very slight moistness inside the throttle body and I figure that's normal PVC Valve blow-by so I didn't touch it.

Well good luck, hope the reassembly goes as planned like mine did.