Old 03-31-2011, 01:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
SCHP52Ram is on a distinguished road

Hey everyone
I havent had a whole lot of runins with other officer but I will share a story about a stop I made one afternoon. I was on patrol and stopped a lady for speeding here in SC on highway 49. When I got up to the vehicle she was already crying. The first thing she said to me was I know I was speeding and handed me her license and registration. She was crying so hard that I ask her if she was ok. Then she told me why she was speeding. Her mom was in a nursing home and she was trying to get there to spend time with her since the doc had said, she was not going to live long. Well I had heard a lot of stories in my 25 years on the road but I felt this lady was tell me the truth, so I warned her and went on my way. About two weeks went by and my supervisor called me and said he had a card for me and would I come get it, The card was from this lady and she thanked me and my Captain for the job I had done and explained how her mom had passed. This letter explained to me why we in law enforcemnt do what we do. its all about the service to others. Thanks for your kind words.
Duck J