View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 09:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3944
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2011 March - Dodge Ram Member Of The Month

Congratulations to our March Winner !!

killerbee

And now a word from your winner.....

This is a brief story of how my Bee and I came to who we are today. It's been a long ride but the journey is just beeginning.

Back in 2004, my father bought a 2004 QC Ram Lonestar Edition. He came by my place and took me for a spin in it and I instantly fell in love with it. Around this time I was still into the import scene and was not quite ready to get into a big truck. All I new was sport compact cars. At this time, I was driving a 1999 Honda Accord V6 Coupe and had a mod list that went on for days. There was one problem I had to get over though. That year and a couple of others years, Honda Accords had major tranny issues. Second gear was notorious for skipping or sticking. In order for me to get this fixed, I was going to have to drop some major bucks. I saw this as an opportunity for change so I re-enter the market for a new vehicle.

Keeping in mind on how I felt about my father's truck, I decided to go with a truck on my next vehicle purchase. Now, I still had import in my blood so I didn't want just any kind of truck. I needed something that stood out from the norm. One day, while cruising around, I spotted this bright yellow truck with ground effects, decals, and a sporty look. I said "THAT'S PERFECT'! Keep in mind that I never heard of the Rumblebee. All I saw was a beautiful Ram that I'd never seen beefore. So, I bought it and in 2006 I beegan a journey that would take me many places.

A Few weeks after the purchase, I did some research on the truck and found out what stumble upon. I was very happy with my decision. Soon after, I joined various truck clubs and forums to learn what all I could do with my new ride. Obviously, I could not do some mods like I would have done on an import, so the first year I did not touch the truck with any mods.

In 2007, it was on. With my new education on the truck and muscle cars in general, I beegan shopping for parts and modding the heck out the bee. The amount of compliments I've received from this truck have made this purchase worth while and further entices me to mod it even more.

Now in 2011, I still have mods to do, I still have car shows to attend, and I still have the same overjoyed feeling as the day when I bought the truck. Oh what a feeling it is when I parked next to $70,000+ vehicles yet all eyes are on me. I can't explain it but it feels gooooooood.

Thanks to everyone for giving me this opportunity to Bee MOTM, and thank you for taking the time out to read my story.

Killerbee aka Trey

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Sponsored links