View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 08:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:210
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

No, You should not have to pay... The dealer bought your truck, sold you a new one, You have a new contract and the old contract does not apply since the day of transaction. You are only responsible for the new current contract. The dealership screwed themselves for not checking, but they will make it back...Here is an example:
They bought your truck for, lets say $500... The get a clean title, car fax...ect...ect... they turn around and add thier overhead to that $500+commissions+detailing fees and whatever else they want to tack on...Now your $500 trade in is sitting on thier lot for $3000, seriously ! I traded a car with a brand new motor that was 2 days old for a new car I got zipped..cost me $3000 for the motor, dealer did trade in at $1000 and when I went back to have an oil change done... My old ride was sitting there at street view with a $6000 price tag. Dealerships aka Stealerships ! I was P.O. about that, but nothing I could do.