Old 03-31-2011, 11:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Hemi
Color: Black
Rep:53
cyberpine will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMILANCER View Post
...here's an idea why doesn't a company sell custom bent swaybar's for wider tires?
looking at the sway bar it's just a bent thick steel tube. I'm sure a welder could grind down the very edge and fill it back up without losing any integrity and likely gaining the clearance to run bigger tire. Or... the engineers at dodge could be tasked with considering COMMON tire upgrades into their design or wheel wells, suspension and stock wheels. For these trucks..ideally... 305/55/20 , 325/50/20, 33x12.5 would on stock truckst with no issues. Almost stupid that they do not given how close it is.

I was a the tire shop where one of the guys had a Turndra running 305/55/20 with no rubbing on a 20x9 rim with +30 offset. You could tell that all those sizes would fit that truck on just about any wheel. Nothing in the suspension was in the way of tires.

I'm going to submit a write up in my new customer survey to Dodge with this point. I see it as a design oversight. That and the fact that my truck is doing 11 mpg at 5k.

Last edited by cyberpine; 03-31-2011 at 11:14 AM.