Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 QC 4wd
Trim Level: ST
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:146
jc4041 will become famous soon enoughjc4041 will become famous soon enough
Default crazy dealers and financing

It was funny at the time...and it still cracks me up to this day!

March '10 I wasn't really looking for a new truck, but with me driving a Durango and the wife driving a Magnum, I was "kind of" looking to get back into a truck since I got my dad's boat and 4wheeler when he passed away and I really didn't have a way to haul both at the same time. So the wife and I went the Dodge dealer close to base for laughs. Well the they had an '02 Ram with "decent" miles on it, as we were looking at the and listening to it run, the RPMs started slowly dropping until it died....told the salesmen "good luck with that one!"

Wife noticed a nice looking Blue QC Cummins up front so she wanted to look at it....'06 with 40k miles on it (we had seen it on the website) sticker showed 34k, BUT the internet ad had it listed for 27k (big mess up). Well we started the paperwork on it and the salesmen said the total will be about 36k with TTL...I asked "wait, the price is 27k on the web" he got all butt hurt when I showed him on HIS site. "The internet sales guy messed up, he should have only taken 2k off of it, not 7k"....not my problem

Well they redid the paperwork at the "proper" price and we drove the truck home.....had it for a week and got "the call"...."Sorry, we can't get you financed on this truck, but we have this '08 we can try to put you in." Ok I'll play your game. Went and looked at this one, drove it out of the lot and I could feel the power steering going out and the TPS was on. Wife was pissed at this point, but it was whatever....they could have a new pump in a couple days.

So we left and she said "lets go downtown"...pulled into the GMC dealer and there was this immaculate '09 4wd Hemi ST with almost 12k miles....sticker was 31k, told the wife not to get her hopes up.

Wouldn't you know it, 3 hours later we drove off the lot with our brand new Dodge Ram, they didn't care about the trade ins, we told them what the Dodge place was going to give us for them and they put those numbers in sight unseen. So we went back to the other dealer to get our Durango and Magnum to take to the GMC place, the Dodge place actually tried to tell us that we couldn't take them because we had a "signed contract" with them. Well that was kind of true, but the financing was still "in work" with the POS '08 they were trying to get us in. Needless to say we got them and took them back to the GMC place.

While I would have LOVED to have kept the Cummins (even though I know in my heart I would have never owned anything big enough to pull with it lol) I can say that I am VERY VERY pleased with my '09, even if it's just a base model....with a Hemi

It just amazes me what lengths some people will go to for business!

Anyway...thought I would share my little "joke of a dealership" experience. lol
'07 Dodge Charger SRT8 SuperBee #579-CAI, DSP, dual Cherry Bomb Extremes
-Jeff

Last edited by jc4041; 04-01-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Sponsored links