View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 12:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:367
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Uktitus....I agree. There is a huge rift that has been developing between our nation's LEOs and the public they serve for some time now. I think it is due to several reasons including LEO response to the growing number of dangerous criminals on our streets, poorer hiring standards resulting in a higher number of subpar LEOs (or bad apples), and ignorance on the part of the public as to what most LE agencies do and why. I don't mean stupidity or lack of intelligence mind you, just not knowing.

I don't have a story to tell really but I can say this. I admire the people who understand that we aren't all hardass badge heavy ticket nazis, lol. Yeah, we have a job to do. But I am extremely respectful to everyone I encounter on the job unless they give me a valid reason not to be. I've made less enemies and dealt with more cooperative subjects that are actually willing to talk to me even if they have broken the law because I treat them like a person. I don't write tickets any more (new assignment) but when I did it was my common practice to reduce every speeding ticket I wrote to 9 over (very helpful here in NC) regardless of the actual speed. The only exceptions were the people who lied to me and told me they had no record and then I see they had a speeding ticket last month or the ones that were total jerks for no good reason. I never expected anyone to call me sir (Officer so-and-so will do just fine or by my first name if we really hit it off) or to fall at my feet because I have a badge and gun. Just talk to me like you would like to be talked to and be honest and we will get along just fine.

Thanks for starting this thread and for all the positive comments.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.