View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 01:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinned View Post
In the eyes of the courtroom and ONLY in the eys of the courtroom. In this case, the OP had already ADMITTED to violating a vehicle code, just not the one the officer cited him for.
I'm not here to debate you. You guys provide an invaluable service but your reply proves the point I'm trying to make. I think that you to should believe that people are innocent until proven guilty and not just the court. If you did then isn't it your/the publics best interest for you to cite/arrest people for the correct and legal reasons. Case in point the OP...if he was cited correctly then during his research he would've realized he was wrong and would losein court forcing him to comply.

You might know someone is "guilty" because in your line of work dealing with people everyday you learn how to read them and to trust your gut feelings but if it doesn't hold up what good is it? maybe easier said then done but think about what if you never had to go to court because no one tries to fight the tickets you write. I can't imagine you like showing up for those hearings.

On an unrelated note my buddy is deployed and his wife called the police because someone kept bangin on her door really late one night. She was scared because they don't know anyone her yet and it was almost midnight...anyway 3 police cruisers were there in about 5 mins. Turns out the person had the wrong house but nice to know the police here have a really quick response time.