View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:360
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

I think you could run those wheels on your truck. Our bolt pattern is 5x5.5 inches or 5x139mm (means the same). It basically just means our trucks are 5 lug and I think the measurement in inches or mm is the distance between the center of the two lugs that are the greatest distance apart. The important thing is that only wheels in this bolt pattern will bolt on your truck.

The biggest factor here might be the offset. The offset of a wheel is the distance from its hub mounting surface (the flat part of the wheel that touches your truck hub) to the centerline of the wheel. It basically controls how much of your rim sticks out from the truck or tucks itself back under the fender. You need to find out what offset those wheels come in because I didn't see it on the site. Factory offset is +20mm (for factory 20 inch rims). Since you are also wanting to go with a wheel that is .5 inch wider than stock, the offset will determine which direction that .5 inch goes, out from under your fender or in towards stuff it might rub on.

As for tires, I guess it really depends on what kind of tire you want. I see you live in Canada. Are you going to need an all-terrain tire? How low profile are you looking for? Do you want the entire wheel/tire height to be close to the height of the wheels and tires you have now or taller or shorter? What size factory wheels and tires do you have? Your truck is a 4x4 right so I assume you don't intend to lower it? Get back to us with the offset of those new wheels and answer the tire questions and we will try to point you in the right direction. Hope this helps some.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.