View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:367
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Holy crap. I just typed for like 20 minutes and then lost it when I tried to submit. That sucks. So here's a shorter reply, lol.

I think the +15 offset would be best for you. It's going to have your new wheels sticking out from under the fender almost 0.5 inches more than the stock 20s but only going back towards the inside where it might rub 0.05 inches. The +30mm offset would have the wheel tucked in under the fender more than the stock 20s and also have nearly 3/4 inch more wheel on the inside where it might rub.

As for tires, I see Tirerack suggests 285/45/22s for that rim. I think that would look great. A 285 is wide enough to look really sporty and that size tire is nearly an inch shorter than the stock 20 so it's not a huge difference. You could probably fit a 305/45/22 as well if you want even wider and that size tire is very close to the height of the stock 20s (just a hair shorter). What brand you go with really depends on what you like the look of and the reviews. I think Firestone makes good tires and the new Firestone ST looks badass. I also like the Cooper Zeon XSTA and Cooper tires rock. The General Grabber UHP looks mean too.

I recommend that you either talk to someone who has fitted a larger diameter, wider tire and wheel or be sure to get a fitment guarantee with return policy when you order them. I'm basing my fitment opinion on the numbers alone.

Hope this helps some! Good luck!
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.