Old 04-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram SLT QC 4X4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Silver, PB2
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
hotkarl is on a distinguished road

They tried to get me too. The tried and true surprise difference in actual numbers verse the agreed upon numbers. Oldest trick in the book. They basically hold you at gunpoint in the F&I office when you are about to sign and pick up your brand new vehicle. And then tell you the only way to get the numbers down is to buy an extended warranty and VIN etching.
After some heated back and forth last minute negotiating after I started to walk out, we came to an agreement that while I was not happy with, I was willing to accept on behalf of my love and desire for this truck. (And the fact that I sold my car the day before and would be without transportation, Ha!).

Anyway, I zing them on the QC survey, they find out and go bonkers. Whatever.
Then, after going over the paperwork with a microscope, I found just short of a $300 discrepancy in their favor. Basically, they tried to squeeze a few hundred more bucks out of me hoping I wouldn't notice. Now I gotta approach them about this after they are already super pissed off at me. I want my $300 bucks. There is literally almost $300 that vanished into thin air. Which btw, is another trick. After you call them out on it, they will just bluff it off as a simple, plain old fashioned math error, and most likely will get your money back.

This is the last time I buy from a dealership. Next time I'll stick with used, private seller, and go with my gut. I've got one hell of a track record as far as buying really good used cars.
PS2 Bright silver, Hemi Quad cab, 3:92's, most of the other bells and whistles.

1998 Dodge Durango 5.2 4X4...The family truckster!