View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 01:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004.5 dodge ram
Trim Level: BASIC
Color: RED
Engine: 2005-???? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:10
jgs300zx is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Dodge ram 2004.5 hard starting & p206 code underload

i just had my 2004.5 dodge ram diesel engine rebuilt AT 98K had a injector #4 crack and leak fuel into my oil while i was towing and seized the engine up.
while i was getting the rebuild done and a slew of new parts put on of which i will not bore you but I had installed a brand new set of 90hp bosch injectors installed at the time of the rebuild.
I am running a banks power pack system that was already on the truck.
I am getting very hard starts and towing load and half to full WOT i am popping p206 code with the truck not towing or underload don't seem to have the code pop except for the first time it popped and i wiped code never came back till i loaded my camper up. also i noticed i am gettting alot more of the diesel sound as well is this just the new injectors? do i really have a bad #6 injector? or just a bad harness connector? also i can't seem to locate the part number for the # 5 & 6 injector anyone know what that number is?

I really don't like the extra diesel sound either very very annoying but i will live with it if it's the way things are with the bigger injectors.
Sponsored links