Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram QC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:166
Wildcat has a spectacular aura aboutWildcat has a spectacular aura about
Default Suspension helpers

Okay, so I am tired of the squat in my truck when I have it loaded with 800 or so pounds in the bed, let alone when I add a trailer. So, I am looking at helper options.

I have been recommended the Timbren spacers, but I wonder if that will create added stress on the axle tubes, since they will be adding pressure any time the truck compresses the light duty portion of the springs.

The second option I have considered is an air bag system. I like this option, because I could add a compressor and tank on the truck which would come in handy for numerous things. However, I am not sure how they work with the coil springs. I have seen them on leaf springs, and they sit between the spring pack and the frame. The ones I have seen for coils go inside the coil, and I would be afraid of them binding up in there.

Anyone have any thoughts on which way I should go?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored links