View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of
Default fabbed up ram air

built a ram air for my cold air intake, costing just under 20 bucks. made from duct work, a rectangle floor piece and a straight piece of duct piping. its mainly for highway speeds, but cruising it works too! the theory was to improve upon the already awesome CAI, and this flows fresh air to the filter while the ram is moving. the first pic is all the parts i used, second is to the left of the radiator, i removed the flap in that spot and installed the floor duct, rivited in place, shown in pic three. pic four shows the hole drawn out that i cut into the CAIs box, and the final pic is the final outcome. cant really see it, but ive also applied silicone around all the connections on the box and the floor duct. and yes it has improved my highway mpg about 2 mpg bringing this lifted tank to around 17 mpg highway. not too shabby, as long as i keep my foot off it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ram air1.jpg (122.0 KB, 243 views)
File Type: jpg ram air2.jpg (104.5 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg ram air3.jpg (113.6 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg ram air4.jpg (96.0 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg ram air5.jpg (120.3 KB, 241 views)
Sponsored links