View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:2217
iRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond reputeiRESQu has a reputation beyond repute

WOWOWOWOWOW.
Well, the last hour of reading was entertaining but not respectful by all parties.
Just my opinion, like it or not, I am not asking.
1) Police Officers put their pants on the same way we do so there is no need for the attitude. My husband and I were treated very rudely by an officer one night in Savannah (long story) but the jist is this......we asked for help and he didn't like being interrupted from him conversion he was having with the bar goers. Stormed over to our car, yelled at my husband and threatened to take him to jail, in front of our two young daughters. "I am an officer of the Savannah-Chatham Metro Dept and YOU WILL respect me". To which my husband replied, "I am an Officer in US Army that defends you and keeps your authority free, YOU WILL RESPECT ME!" When the pissing match was over and both men cooled (after back up was called in and SIDED WITH US, the officer realized we saw a blind man in serious need of help less than a block away from the officer. Emotions were running high and with a 5 time deployed soldier fresh back from war, all it would have taken was a little compassion to realize a human being needed help that we couldn't give, but that the officer could. (For those that know me, I wasn't a First Responder or on the dept yet.)

2) There ARE MOS' that are just as equipped electronically with multiple communication devices as there are cop cars. Aviation, especially those equipped to go overseas on covert missions to eliminate the enemy. SOME Fire Trucks are as well.

3) All that being said, I will say that in our previous county that we resided in, cops and the Fire Dept used the same radio transmission lines. We were advised to use our cell phones to communicate with our supervisors so that the dispatch center could free up necessary emergency channels.

I have been pulled over by jerk cops and by wonderfully awesome cops. Compassion goes along way. It's all in the way it is handled by both parties.
There are so many "blue laws" on the books that for either a cop or civilian to know them all is literally impossible. Going to get graphic here for a moment to prove a point: Did you know it is illegal to be orally intimate with your spouse on Sunday in GA in the county we lived in? If it weren't for the rednecks neighbors and their late nights of drinking, we would never have known that! Wonder how many GA residents do?!
So put your man pride back behind the zipper and be kind. "Do unto others as you'd have done unto you."