View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:210
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

I can understand the rear glass with imbedded defroster/Ant. costing a pretty dime, but the side glass being expensive? Windshields are actually cheap considering the size... But I think the whole tint thing is just somebody trying to persuede people to buy a better quality film, reason I say this is....
If the front windshield has been a laminated glass for years and never an issue, why now just because its being added as a safety issue as well as security to more vulnerable windows for injuries as well as theft? I have seen plenty of windshields tinted 1/4 to 1/2 the way down and no one has ever had issues with the glass de-laminating or cracking? On top of that, the windshield takes one heck of an abuse to debis from the road ( rocks/flying objects...ect...)
A buddy of mine owns a Tint shop, been in business several years and never had any issues with tint on windows outside of the warranty issues such as bubbles/peeling/scratches... Tint only reflects the light/UV back out to reduce heat, so it wouldnt be a tint issue for starters, it would be the glass itself if it retains the heat... My arguement would be, why would the new side windows do this if the windshield never did if its the same process?