Thread: Water Leak
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Disel 4X4
Color: Whie
Engine: 2005-???? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:10
mudchick is on a distinguished road
Default third brake light leak

Gentleman,
I am the second owner of my Ram. Same issue has been recurring. Took to a glass place this morn, the showed me where water was coming in on the inside and recommended I go to a body man. And that this is a reaccuring issue with these trucks. Went to my body guy, he said, here's what's going on, and that "those guys" did not want to fool with it. He can fix it, as all of you recommended, but of course he will be upcharging me for "out-sourcing" to ANOTHER glass company. I bought this truck from a company that sold "work trucks"- the last fools that owned it sealed the upper brake light with silicone AND around the rear window!!! And I'm sure all of you know what silicone does ! Holds water and promotes rust on metal over time! These folks are idiots!!! Now I will have to have the silicone professionally removed, possibly the window-which is apt to break upon removing, to have it properly re-inserted and have a new gasket put around the third brake light of course!!
I asked my body guy why this is not a recall issue, he said, "because it does not pertain to safety". How sweet of Dodge to have this issue for years and continue to advertise their "tough" trucks and win awards!
I planned on keeping this thing until the wheels fall off! But if it rusts from the inside out, I'm screwed!! Geez!
So glad I'm not alone here and that I have found this great forum!! Thank you! If anypne has any more advice, feel free to inform me. This "somewhat mechanically inclined female" loves to learn!
Thank you again!
Mudchick :-)