Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Hemi Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Rep:62
boostjunkie1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeram1500 View Post
ha wont believe this, really is a reminder to check the small things. last year i was messing around riding on the plowed curbside of the road and didnt notice a hidden fire hidrant, hit it and it blew my front right tire and rim, so i had to put stock rims on the front. (16" in front 17" in back) but did have same tires all around bf goodrich all terrains. heres the funny thing, theres at least an inch difference in height between these 2 tires. the 16" is actually taller than the 17". put new tires on my other 16" rims and good to go, no more noise, no more kicking out of 4wd, amazing, jumped right on the expressway in 4wd got er up to 70 an no noise
So what you are saying is that you have committed 2 sins of having a 4X4..... 1st you put different sized wheels on the front and back...... Then after you fixed it you drove 70 MPH in 4-Hi ............You just figured it out and are trying to break it again =...... Please take care of your truck and be careful....70 MPH on the highway in 4-Hi is dangerous. Glad you figured it out. That would have been my first thought if it were me ...