View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 09:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:1266
Stump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud ofStump3r has much to be proud of

Whoops missed the reception questions. Sorry guys....here is the dirt on the stubby antenna.
It picks up static (for lack of a better word) from florescent lighting something fierce. Notice it when parking in front of 7-eleven getting my slurpee fix on and also under the canopy at the gas station.
The only other issue with the stubby is that FM range is reduced. I put the antenna on after picking her up from the dealership (180 miles from home) on the drive back I noticed I couldn't pick up my usual FM stations at the same places. My estimate is about a 20 mile reduction in FM range when on the fringe of the signal.
On the AM side of the dial I haven't noticed any reduction in signal strength or interference.
Overall I am impressed with the stubby. When cruising down the highway or stuck in stop and go in the city there are no issues with reception. The only real reception reduction is when your coming to the fringe of an FM signal, it will drop out quicker than before. I'm a happy camper with it's fit, finish and performance.

Big Red my old 2011 Sport

Enjoy big benefits with a subscription to RamforumZ, become a site supporter today!

Don't forget to upload pics of your Ram in the Gallery!

Great how to's and lets not forget the Rulez.