View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

You will definitely have o2's in front of cats, possibly another set behind the cats. A tuner won't be necessary but you can get a little performance out of it (I have the superchips on my 4.7L and it is the best money spend on any performance gain by far). I don't know if the non fouler trick will work for you, I just know it worked on my s10 (I found it online from someone else who did it, I wish I asked how and why it worked). I strongly recommend you keep cats on the truck, at least high flow aftermarket, you can probably sell your stock ones and buy aftermarket ones for cheaper. Catalytic converters are very valuable hungs of metal, and only restrict exhaust flow very slightly, but really make a drastic difference in what comes out of the pipe. At the end of the day, I guess it's up to you...I ran an open cat on my s10, it sounded worse, smelled bad, and was bad for the environment. I probably gained about 1 hp, now I know better lol. Hope you get it all figured out...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.