View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 10:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Satin Orange
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:597
TheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to allTheSatinPumpkin is a name known to all

Its pretty much bolt on. Stu's 6.1 Relocating Brackets are meant to be bolt on but we had to do quite a bit of trimming to access the manifold TB holes. You will have to convert over to 6.1 ignition setup and modify your wiring harness to fit the 6.1 coil packs. You will also need to remove your EGR and if you don't have one then you would need a shroud-less e-fan setup and a new coolant overflow tank.

Also there is a port mismatch due to pre eagle heads. You will have to port match your heads to the intake or use 5.7 heads to 6.1 intake adapters. I went with Modern Muscle Adapters. Also thermal gaskets to deal with heat soak.

Buying everything could be up to 2k-2500 for changing out the manifold and thats just keeping your stock heads and cam. I got a great price on a FULL 6.1 manifold and ignition setup. Same with the BV heads and cam.

I'll update more later as there are quite a bit of parts you need from different places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver04Ram View Post
I too would like to clean up the engine bay on my truck and that looks very clean. I am running nitrous already so that would be helpful too. Just wasnt sure how costly it is or how much work goes into doing it ie what else do you have to do or change to get it to work

Last edited by TheSatinPumpkin; 04-13-2011 at 12:59 PM.