View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 09:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:355
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

I think there are a greater number of "bad apples" serving as LEOs now than there ever has been. This is due to the fact that there are more LEOs in general and also due to hiring standards and the lack of qualified individuals that are willing to put their life on the line for 30-40K a year. I agree that these "bad apples" still represent a small minority of the entire group but there are still more of them to give the rest of us a bad name than there ever has been.

Also, like many have said already, the rise of media and social networking ensures that any and every negative interaction (and some that are only represented as negative from a biased point of view) are blasted to everyone and their brother.

And last but not least, I personally feel like LEOs have stepped up their game so to speak in recent years as a response to larger numbers of more violent criminals on our streets. We all know crime is on the rise but do people consider this when they talk about the increase in uses of force and officer involved shootings?
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.