View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 11:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:127
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Yea I'm not going to start it until I fix that line. Only problem is the fitting snapped off and I tried to remove it with a fitting extractor and that didn't work so now I have to drill the other half of the fitting out and tap it and put a new fitting on. It's just a shame this could have been avoided if any of the dodge dealerships it has been too had replaced the quick connects like they were suppose to. There was a recall in 1997 for my van about failing quick connects and mine never were replaced. Now instead of quick connects there are those dual male adapter fittings. But anyways I hope I can fix it if not then I would have to drop the transmission and replace the housing what a pain that would be gosh... Shame part is the housing is aluminum so welding the hold closed and drilling a new hold close to it is a bit far fetched. Not that you can't weld aluminum but welding aluminum is such a pain and I don't even have a welder. I was mad when it was a leaky water pump but when that tranny leaked I was furious. Well I will see how it all turns out when I get my drill bit and try to fix it, my mom said If I can't fix it we will take it somewhere... I don't like that cause they usually swap parts out while they try to fix it... But wish me luck, I might need it.