Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 DODGE RAM 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: RED
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
SCHNELL is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Exhaust shop woes...

So I made the choice to just go with my ol' Magnaflows. I talked to a local shop owner and he informed me they carried them. So I went in and talked to him about what I wanted. SI/DO Magnaflow 18"... Now heres where I feel slighted... I had my 2 year old son with me so I had to keep him busy while they worked, I usually watch them like a hawk... So they finish the work and start it up.. (sounds right at idle) I go in and pay (260 parts and labor, seemed fair for 1 magna and two bent pipes with labor)
Well I'm driving home, get on the freeway, sounds a little loud at Open throttle, not like my old mufflers... I get home and look under the body and see an unstamped muffler and some crinkle bend pipes, one of the pipes coming out of the dual outlet was bent so hard its pinched to half its diameter.. I call him ask about the muffler, he says magnaflow doesnt stamp all theyre muffler anymore (my red flag goes off) I call Magnaflow corperate, they say all them are stamped except for the round canisters. So today Im going back to ask why the hell I paid all this money for a 14" ( also the wrong size...) CLONE muffler with crap piping... Guy was an old school type muscle car guy, I guess I put to much faith in him...
Does this sound like a rip off to you guys or did I get what I paid for here...? This is about the worst exhaust system I have ever gotten.. Piping doesnt even look like SS, more like the aluminized stuff...
Sponsored links