Old 04-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Ram 1500 4.7L Standard
Trim Level: TRX4 OFF ROAD
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:55
JayBones will become famous soon enough

My recommendation would be the BullyDog GT. Not highly recommended for the hemi, but I love it on my 4.7. Really woke her up. Not as many options as the diablo, but I personally would rather not be messing with too many settings. It has all I need in a tuner, with the added bonus of gauges. Plus I can easily use it on a different vehicle in the future. One size fits all. And feedback is generally positive from most 4.7 owners. Download time, however is a drawback. Sitting in the truck for 15 to 20 mins without radio gets a little tedious, but I only do that for bad weather and updates. I use the high octane tune and return it to stock for extreme weather as the extra hp will have you sideways in no time. Especially on a manual tranny.

No huge complaints and no buyers remorse from this owner. The USB to OBD cord could be better quality as sometimes I have to wiggle it just a little bit, but this complaint is not limited to the BullyDog. It seems this cord is something that gets cheaped out on by a fair few manufacturers. Saves a bit of fuel too, with conservative driving, but if you like to open it up a bit, like I do, combined with buying premium gas will nullify this pretty quickly. But, then again mpg gains were not why I bought a truck in the first place.

~Bones