Old 04-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1996 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: 1500 Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 1995-1997 318ci (5.2L) Natural Gas V8 200hp 430lb/ft
Rep:10
MandaK is on a distinguished road

I have the EXACT same problem both of you have. 1996 1500 Club Sport. Running 36 12.5 15's w/a 6"lift. @ about 40-45 I get the wobble. I just bought my truck a couple months ago & am still running the tires it had on it - mudders are a handful, CRAP mudders only make it worse. The thing that gets me is how the steering wheel reacts. If I push forward & hold onto it like I mean it w/my girlie chicken arms, it actually isn't always horrible. So I'm going to put on the duel stabilizer AND change the tires. I bought a set of extra rims w/standard size radials (used, in good shape was cheaper than brand new-especially for "testint" purposes). IF the radials make a diff at all, then I should be able to run 35" radials w/relatively close to the same kind of performance from the veh. I don't know exactly what suspension parts I have 'cause I didn't do the work. But my mechanic said it was "all in real good shape. Not stock, not new, but NOT cheap." So we'll see & I'll let you know if it's any help. Good luck & let me know how you come out on your end.
MandaK