View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 08:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of
Default Tire weight differences?

I've been going back and forth on tires for several reasons (Availablilty due to odd sizes mainly) and now am looking at either the cooper zeon ltz or falken wildpeak both 285 70 17. I'm trying to compare the specs of the tires but can't find a weight on the cooper. The falken weighs 61lbs!!! that's a heavy tire! I'd assume the cooper would be 40 some lbs. How much of a difference would 20 lbs make? I like both tread designs and tires in general, the coopers will run me over 1k installed, and I can get the wildpeaks for less than 900 installed, so im tempted to get the falkens, however, I don't want them dragging me down with extra weight. Anyone know the weight of the cooper and how much this will effect my driving? btw I'm mostly on road, looking for lighter setup for better performance/acceleration/mpg....almost never go offroad, but want the capability(i work in construction, sometimes the sites are poorly maintained.)

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Sponsored links