Color: Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:13
limitlessent is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to limitlessent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916Timmy View Post
True CAI and DSP here I come!!!!!
I wouldn't hesitate at all to recommend it... the butt dyno definitely feels the difference. It's looking like I'm saving a little at the pump on top of it too which is a bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmegacabinGA View Post
Glad to hear you're happy with your mods. These are the exact same mods I'm looking into for my first stage of modification, and it looks like you picked up about 3-3.5 mpgs in the deal. Pretty sweet.
I couldn't be happier... I've been driving a lot more aggressively this last tank of gas and STILL ended up 19.2mpg according to the truck and 18.9 according to the calculator. Very good either way. I've been taking off pretty hard from stop lights... tapping the shifter over where it just shows '5' (disabling MDS) and randomly taking off (the CAI sound coupled with the exhaust is addicting). I really like MDS disabled... I don't have much if any of an exhaust drone with it on but the "tick" or "clicking" sounds is much more noticeable now that I have a cai installed. I have noticed that the truck is much more responsive with mds off but I think it costs you some fuel economy. I want to disable MDS with the predator and run a full tank with it disabled and see what sort of fuel economy I get with it off vs on. That'll take me a few weeks but once I get results I'll be sure to post them on a new thread. I've seen very mixed reviews about disabling MDS... most agree you lose some mpgs but I've seen a post or two claiming the opposite.. who knows... I plan on finding out though...

Last edited by limitlessent; 04-17-2011 at 01:51 AM.