View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 03:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

As first responders go, my job didn't fit that description
i didn't administer First Aid like the Fire Dept. does
when i showed up at an incident scene, my job was to secure the site by blocking off the area with traffic cones, whether or not the Police or Fire Dept was there, if there were any fluids on the site, my job was to block off any storm drains so that the fluids could not contaminate other areas
When my crew showed up, all but 1 officer was returned to normal patrol duties
We & that 1 officer stayed until everything was removed from the site, vehicles, liquids, & everything else involved in accidents, sometimes we waited hours for the WAGON, then we had to apply materials to absorb whatever was on the roadway, so that it could be swept up & gone through at a isolated location
I totally respect anyone that is a First Responder & I understand the rivalry between the Police & Firefighters, it makes for fun sports competitions that are enjoyed by everyone, Boxing, Track, D.A.R.E Drag Racing, Ball Games, etc

I retired in 2003, now i just sort of control & protect traffic in a civilian industry, we hire off duty police & vehicles to help us on occasion

Keep up the good work First Responders
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle