Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT Thunder Road
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:48
Trucks n Guns is on a distinguished road
Default CAI & Magnaflow installed PICS

Back in town from work this week and had a chance to get my first round of performance mods installed.

First off was a Magnaflow 18" muffler, removing the rear resonator and installing a 3.5" rolled edge tip. Not sure why they installed the muffler vertically, but it sounds awesome. I'll try and get a sound clip up soon.

Next was a used Volant CAI in fantastic condition purchased from a forum member for a great price. The install took about 10 minutes and looks great. I drove around town a little bit with the CAI installed but didn't have a chance to really open things up and see if I could notice a difference.

Prior to the mods I was getting 14.5 mpg average. On the way back from getting the exhaust installed the trip computer had me at over 20 mpg on mostly back roads with rolling hills. It probably helped that I got stuck behind a truck and had to do 45-55 the whole 60 miles home. I filled the tank today and will hand calculate next fill-up to see what I gained.

Bilstein 5100s - Magnaflow 18" muffler - Volant CAI - 276/65R20 Cooper Zeon LTZ - APC LED Bar
Sponsored links