Old 04-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 RAM SLT REG. CABX2
Trim Level: SLT
Color: CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:61
RammD will become famous soon enough
Default Aerosol Tire Spray "Spraying" on fenders after applying and driving!?

This issue is sucks as it's happened to me a few times after i've just washed and detailed my truck. Basically, anytime I use the Aerosol spray cans on the tires, once I drive, it slings up onto the fenders and even the doors..totally negating the detail I just spent a couple of hours on!

I figured maybe this stuff wasn't "setting in" so instead of spraying my tires FIRST after a wash, I figured i'd do them when I'm parked and didn't plan on going out anytime soon giving the spray time to fully set into the tires. Well, I did that, the truck even sat overnight and sure enough I drive to work and overspray all over my fenders, doors, wherever it shoots up to!

What's more crazy is this time I actually RUBBED THE TIRE SPRAY INTO THE TIRES WITH A MICROFIBER CLOTH and I DON'T SPRAY THE TREADS, so it's actually shooting up from the side walls of the tires i'm spraying.

I should also note the 2 products this has happened with are ALL MEGUIAR'S...HOT SHINE AEROSOL TIRE SPRAY AND NXT INSANE SHINE TIRE SPRAY as well as their ENDURANCE TIRE SPRAY.

I haven't used a FOAMING TIRE SPRAY in a long time but I don't remember the FOAMING TIRE SPRAYS doing this. I'm thinking it's a chemical in all those aerosol tire sprays which is causing the stuff to NOT SET into the tires, but you'd think Meguiar's of all companies wouldn't have an issue like this in ALL THEIR AEROSOL CANS.

Anyone else experience this and have any ideas of something to apply to the tires FIRST which may prep them to absorb more of these Meguiar's tire dressings?

Last edited by RammD; 04-25-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Sponsored links